The Food Factor: 15 Minute Chili
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Chili is a perfect cold-weather meal. It’s warm, hearty and leaves you feeling full and satisfied. Contrary to popular belief, chili doesn’t have to take all day. It can be quick and easy. This simple homemade chili recipe features ground beef simmered with onion, tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. And it’s ready in 15 minutes!
15 Minute Chili
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped onions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 - 28 oz.can stewed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 -16 oz. cans pinto, kidney, black or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Peel off the outer layer of the onion and chop.
- In a large pot, brown beef with chopped onions on medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them into small pieces with a spoon.
- Add seasonings and salsa to beef mixture.
- Stir in drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until hot and serve immediately.
Thanks to the University of Georgia Extension for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.