Chicken Nuggets for Grown-Ups
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Chicken nuggets for grown-ups is one of our most popular recipes from the original television series. They are a fun, fast, and easy weeknight meal that cuts calories, since they’re baked instead of fried.
Panko breadcrumbs are light and flaky, which keeps these chicken nuggets crispy. Toasting them before coating the chicken is an extra step you won’t regret! With all this flavor, you won’t even need a dipping sauce!
- 2 thawed chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1–2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut two thawed chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, then toss in olive oil. Mix until coated.
- In a nonstick skillet, toast plain panko breadcrumbs until they are golden brown.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix toasted breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and fresh parsley.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the breadcrumb mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Follow The Food Factor on Facebook and Twitter!
Our recipe for Maple Sweet Potatoes is a quick and nutritious side dish for these nuggets. Try 'baking' them in your slow cooker. Get the instructions from our post : The Food Factor: "Baked" Potatoes in the Slow Cooker.
Posted on: March 19, 2019
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.
May 26, 2023
May 24, 2023
May 19, 2023
March 8, 2022
January 31, 2022
November 22, 2021
August 13, 2021
Publication Number: P0974
Publication Number: P2648
Publication Number: P2963
Publication Number: P3287
Publication Number: P3622