The Food Factor: Cinnamon Spice Candied Pecans
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Are you planning your holiday menus? Me too!
Candied pecans are one of those quintessential holiday goodies. They are great for parties, visitors, or just to snack on.
Try these Cinnamon Spice Candied Pecans if you are looking for a candied nut recipe. They are the perfect holiday sweet to serve as an appetizer or add to a cookie plate. I love nibbling on these while drinking my hot chocolate.
If you are looking for an edible treat to gift others, whip up a few batches of these and package in decorated jars or containers. They are perfect for that hard-to-buy for person on your list!
Cinnamon Spice Candied Pecans
- 2 medium egg whites
- 4 cups raw unsalted pecans
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs vigorously in a large mixing bowl. Stir in pecans to evenly coat.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sea salt to a separate small bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour sugar and spice mixture over pecans and stir well to coat mixture around pecans.
- Spread evenly on baking a sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir pecans well and bake an additional 15 to 18 minutes. Remove pan from oven and stir pecans once more.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Serve or store in a dry location.
Thanks to the American Egg Board for this recipe!
Follow The Food Factor on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.