The Food Factor: Microwave Breakfast Cake
Video by Jonathan Parrish
Foods like eggs, oatmeal, and sausage usually come to mind when I think about breakfast. But if you prefer a sweet breakfast instead of a savory one, you’ll love this Microwave Breakfast Cake.
Mashed banana replaces the sugar and oil, so you have a nutritious, naturally sweetened treat that is packed with fiber.
Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make, so you can get out the door in a hurry
Microwave Breakfast Cake
- 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- 1 Tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 ripe banana, mashed with a fork
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix ingredients well until combined.
- Place mixture in a microwavable safe mug or ramekin.
- Cook in microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes. (Cake will begin to rise in the microwave.)
- Allow the breakfast cake to cool and remove from dish. Top with your favorite nut butter, dried fruit, or Greek yogurt.
Thanks to Texas A&M University Extension for this recipe!
And if you like our recipes and videos, we’d love for you to share them with your friends! It really helps!
Subscribe to Extension for Real Life
Fill in the information below to receive a weekly update of our blog posts.