- What You Need to Know Before Purchasing Sheep or Goats - PowerPoint | PDF
- Introduction to Livestock Judging - PowerPoint | PDF
- Goat (Small Ruminant) Boot Camp - PowerPoint | PDF
- Powerpoint Presentation Meat Goat 101
- Meat Goat Problems - PowerPoint | PDF
- Goats and Sheep: What You Need to Know - PowerPoint | PDF
- Junior Livestock Clipping and Grooming - PowerPoint | PDF
- Club Goat 101 - PowerPoint | PDF
- 2018 FAMACHA Training for Agents PowerPoint
Dairy goats make up a niche market of the Mississippi livestock industry, but their popularity is growing across the state. Interest has grown among 4-H livestock program members, people who participate in various other showmanship contests and people who want goat milk products.
STARKVILLE, Miss. -- Each February marks the occasion for producers to share their research and programming needs with Mississippi State University agricultural specialists in person.
To comply with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, the opportunity will be extended virtually this year.
The Mississippi State University Extension Service has a new specialist to support the important small-ruminant industry in the state.
Leyla Rios de Alvarez began work at MSU in December as an assistant Extension/research professor of small ruminant production in the Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences.
2020 marked Bill Fitts’ 27th consecutive appearance at the annual North Mississippi Producer Advisory Council meeting.
Researchers and Extension specialists from across the Southeast will help goat and sheep producers expand their knowledge on various aspects of the industry during a workshop on small ruminant production.